Tuesday 28 February 2012

Sugarcane Prawn Recipe

Photography by B.E. (left) & M.H. (right)

I have fond memories of sitting around the family dining table and constructing our very own Vietnamese rice paper rolls or "wrappies" as we used to call it (and still do). You can pick and choose what you want to put in it, as much or as little as you like and wrap it up into a tasty little morsel! I made sure that my little parcel was wrapped perfectly so the filling wouldn't fall out, my little brother on the other hand would gather it up by the corners, roll it into a big ball and put the entire roll into his mouth :). From a hosting point of view, there's very little preparation time required and our guests have always enjoyed the experience. It's a great meal for summer days because it's fresh and light.

For the main filling, I used the Sugarcane Prawn recipe from A Food Lover's Journey with a few modifications: 1kg of prawns instead of 700g plus 100g of pork mince and extra seasoning. It was enough to make about 42 small sugar cane prawns and feeds 6 - 8 people. Mi xo

2 comments:

  1. This looks lovely!! Thanks for trying my recipe and let me know the result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anh thanks for visiting our blog! It turned out really well. This is one of my favourite Viet dishes I always crave it when travel to Vietnam. Love your blog, I plan to visit it frequently. Mi xo

      Delete