Sunday 15 April 2012

La Bodeguita Del Medio


A couple of weeks ago I discovered a fun cuban bar/restaurant called La Bodeguita Del Medio on York St. in Sydney. The original restaurant was founded in the 1950's in Havana, Cuba and has famously become known as the "Home of the Mojito".  As soon as you walk into the bar, you're hit with the wonderful scent of mint because pretty much everywhere you look, someone is holding a delicious minty mojito. Even Ernest Hemingway pronounced his love for this particular mojito and if it was one of Hemingway's favourites, I had to have one!

Besides the mojitos, the food in the restaurant is also definitely worth the visit. I had the Tamales al horno con Huitlacoche (Baked sweet corn, tomato, chipotle chilli and Mexican truffles) and my boyfriend had the Matambre de Pollo (Free range chicken, cabbage, quinoa fricassee and jamon crumbs). The tamales was served with these crispy bread things. I'm not sure what they were called exactly but they sure were tasty!  The interior of the restaurant is very cool too. The walls are covered in graffiti (in a good way) and there are these massive booths that look so cosy. I'm already thinking about returning for another round of tamales and mojitos! I think I'll round up a few more peeps so we can grab a booth, relax and briefly feel like we're in Cuba. Na xo

No comments:

Post a Comment