Sunday 27 May 2012

Lamb Roast


A few Sundays ago, it was Mother's Day and to celebrate this, I decided to make a hearty lamb roast as a treat for my lovely Mum. I have never made a whole roast dinner by myself before so the task was a little daunting but after finding a wonderful recipe by one of my favourite home cooks, Sophie Dahl, I couldn't believe how easy it was! The recipe comes from Sophie's second cookbook entitled "From Season To Season: A year in recipes". I fell in love with Sophie ever since I watched her cooking show "The Delicious Miss Dahl". Her background is in modeling and writing and yes, she is the granddaughter of the renowned British writer Roald Dahl and actress Patricia Neal.

Sophie Dahl preparing a lovely leg of lamb.
Picture from her book "From Season to Season"
The recipe is called "Sheriff's Marinated Lamb" because it was passed on to her from her father-in-law who was the High Sheriff of Bath. The marinade was so easy to make and all I had to do was rub it all over the leg of lamb and leave it for 2 hours or so, to soak up all of the delicious flavours. Then I just put it in the oven and like magic, a couple of hours later there was a juicy lamb roast! I served this bronzed beauty with roasted potatoes, steamed peas, carrots and pumpkin, garlic sourdough bread and a leafy green salad. Pick up a copy of Sophie Dahl's From Season to Season. I absolutely love her and I hope you will too! Na xo
         Roald Dahl. Photo source.          Patricia Neal in HudPhoto Source.

2 comments: