Thursday 12 July 2012

Earl Grey Tea Cookies


I was recently in a Steampunk inspired production of The Mikado and wanted to make something in theme to give to the cast and crew as thank you presents. I came across these amazing Steampunk Cookies, she used this recipe to make Earl Grey tea cookies. At first, the thought of using tea leaves in a biscuit did seem a bit strange to me but trust me you will not be disappointed by the result. The biscuits were buttery and crispy with a slight hint of Earl Grey...not too strong. I tried to re-create the cog shape using two circle cookies cutters and a small rectangular one, it was not very successful...the cookies spread quite a bit as they cooked and so turned out a little bit more like flowers! Oh well, I guess it's the taste and thought that matters the most. Mi xo


No comments:

Post a Comment