Wednesday 8 May 2013

Cheesecake Brownies


I've been wanting to try this recipe for ages, it's from one of my favourites cook books David Lebovitz's Ready for Dessert. Life has been a bit chaotic lately and having a little one makes it difficult to put time aside to try a new recipe, but having him sleep in a hug-a-bub wrap has really saved my life. It gave me freedom to have both my hands free to bake! And boy have I missed baking!! Anyway, I volunteered to bake something for our weekly new parent's group and wanted to make something super-scrumptious. To me, baking for someone is the best way to show them you care, nothing pleases me more than seeing someone bite into a sweet morsel of goodness and smile with content. I pretty much stayed true to this recipe, except sprinkled some extra choc chips on top just because I could. I didn't have a square tin so had to use a larger rectangular one which meant the brownies were a bit flatter - more like a choc cheesecake slice I suppose. Nonetheless, they tasted delicious and moist in the centre much like black bottom cupcakes. If you love chocolate (and who doesn't) this is the cookbook for you! Mi xo

No comments:

Post a Comment